Thursday, October 21, 2010

Riding the D Roller Coaster


Well, I have been doing this for 9 months, which makes you think I would know what is going on. But sadly I still have no idea why her levels are the way they are sometimes....and it drives me CRAZY.
I have decided to document each item she is given, along with carbs to make sure it is not just me. So everything was going great and then, of course the roller coaster started up. She was perfect in the morning, had a regular size carb snack, and dropped to 44 before lunch...ummmm WHAT! She gets the same amount of insulin everyday with same carb servings (I measure). So I figured ok...I'll let it ride. Gave her a normal lunch, not giving her any extra to make up for the 44, and before dinner....347! Again...WHAT?! When yesterday she was perfect with the same amount of carbs and the same amount of insulin. 

Geez, in my opinion..Kelsey is too small to ride this roller coaster. lol (I wish it was that easy!)

3 comments:

  1. It's one of the most frustrating things about type 1 diabetes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and I am now following you thanks to Thursday's Friends and Giveaways, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;) Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy blog tutorials you know where to come!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hops! Come check out my blog at: http://adventuresofathriftymommy.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete